About the Organization
The Pisces Foundation believes if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world. By mainstreaming powerful new solutions, we will spark immediate gains and lasting benefits for people and nature.
To learn more about Pisces’ work and collaborations, visit: piscesfoundation.org
Pisces Foundation is seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented self-starter to join our mission-driven team as Grants Manager. The Grants Manager supports the Foundation’s mission by proactively managing grantmaking operations, systems, data, and workflow. S/he will oversee the day-to-day grants management system with excellence and efficiency and also ensure the system generates information that enhances our overall impact. The Grants Manager collaborates with all departments on specific grant matters as well as the processes and systems which facilitate efficient and high-quality operations. As a primary lead on grant compliance, the Grants Manager ensures the Foundation adheres to legal requirements, Foundation policies and procedures, and best practices in the field. The Grants Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The position is based at the Foundation’s San Francisco office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Grants Manager will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Process Management and Enhancement: Maintain grantmaking policies, processes, and tools that align with and support the Foundation’s strategy through the grant lifecycle from inquiry to close. Provide guidance to program staff on structuring grants. Communicate with grantees to guide them through the application process and provide technical support where needed. Facilitate decisions on grant proposals and ensure timely and accurate grant agreements are properly generated. Conceptualize, design, and conduct grantmaking training for staff
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with IRS and other applicable regulations through the grant lifecycle. Manage legal review of grants including collaboration with program staff, COO, and legal counsel. Document all legal review
- Foundation Support: Facilitate management of the program budget. Maintain electronic grant files. Lead coordination and preparation of quarterly board meeting package. Collaborate with Operations and Accounting to support accurate and timely financial reports, grants payments, audit, and tax filings. Support the Foundation’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning work, including the annual review and ongoing grant reporting, in partnership with COO and external consultant. Execute on special projects as assigned
- Data and Technology: Maintain and enhance the Foundation Connect/Salesforce grantmaking platform and grantee portal, perform system administration. Ensure data integrity. Generate reports, analyses, and data visualizations on grants budget, grants flow, historic trends, forecasting, and processing performance to inform continuous improvement and learning. Advance technology solutions and tools in support of grant practices and foundation processes
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of professional experience with demonstrated experience in grants management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in managing databases. Salesforce experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy
- Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, over email, and through formal work products and presentations. Ability to train colleagues on grants management systems and processes
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite—Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path
- Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a small, dynamic organization
- Passion for the Pisces Foundation’s mission
- Flexibility, emotional intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, willingness to help others, and a sense of humor
Compensation and Location
Pisces Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
CEA Recruiting is assisting Pisces Foundation in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for a position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. These positions will remain open until filled.
See piscesfoundation.org for more information on the Foundation.
Pisces Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.