San Francisco, CA—Hybrid In-Office and Remote
Full Time, Hourly Non-Exempt, Temporary
About the Organization
At the Pisces Foundation, we believe if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support organizations, advocates, and activists who, working together, are doing what’s necessary to have clean and abundant water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world. By mainstreaming powerful new and equitable solutions, we will spark immediate gains and lasting benefits for people and nature. We know that our Foundation’s vision, of people and nature thriving together, can only be realized in an equitable and just world. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a foundation.
This summer marks the ten-year anniversary of our first grantmaking. As we celebrate a decade of impact, we are looking ahead to see how we can further accelerate change. In the coming year, we will engage with our trustees and colleagues in the field in deep thinking and strategic planning to frame, launch, and elevate new initiatives that deepen our impact.
To learn more about Pisces’ work and collaborations—including our grant recipients—visit our website, follow us on Twitter, and consult Pisces’ profiles on Candid and LinkedIn. The Foundation’s 990-PFs provide information about our finances, operations, and grantmaking. On our blog, you can read more about our strategy and our vision for the future. You can also access news stories that discuss our work, including a recent article about the Donors of Color Network’s Climate Justice Funders Pledge, which Pisces Foundation participates in, and a conversation on the Volts podcast about movement infrastructure with our president David Beckman.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, collaborative self-starter to join our mission-driven team as Administrative Assistant, a key team member who provides administrative support for the Foundation with lead responsibility on the physical and virtual office operations. The Administrative Assistant will play an important role in our hybrid workspace, working proactively to make sure that our office is a safe and welcoming space for focus, collaboration, and fun. This is a full-time non-exempt position, located in San Francisco, and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Physical and Virtual Office Management:
- Proactive maintenance of Foundation-wide calendar including Zoom links or physical locations; ensure a comfortable and safe office by managing supplies for office and kitchen upkeep; monitor compliance to evolving COVID regulations and best practices.
- Manage logistics for staff meetings, quarterly board meetings, and special events, which may be in-person or virtual; note-taking and resource circulation pre- and post-meeting
- Maintain overall office appearance and functionality by interfacing with vendors and building management. Troubleshoot minor computer, printer, smart phone, or other equipment issues; request IT service and support
- Create a welcoming and accessible environment for visitors: communicate directions to the office, arrange catering, greet guests, and setup for meetings
- Accounting support: create weekly invoice payment memo which includes meticulous preparation of invoice submissions, proofreading, editing, and similar tasks. Confirm wire information for grantees.
- COO and EE Program Officer support: manage calendar and meeting schedule, create expense reports, filing, and other tasks such as correspondence, presentations, expense analysis, reports, and summaries
- Document and contract support including proofreading, editing, formatting, light copy and scan projects, and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems
- Assist Grants Manager: support Salesforce data management; track and review grantee reports; assist with due diligence; review and synthesize grantee proposals; troubleshoot grantee portal issues; draft award letters
- Communications support: copy-editing, website and social media updates, monitoring foundation-wide email account, managing Mailchimp and contact lists; email blasts.
- Other projects as needed
Skills and experience:
- Outstanding organizational, administrative, and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed computer skills including full literacy in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and especially Outlook for scheduling purposes
- Interest in Pisces Foundation’s mission and grants programs
- The ability to anticipate needs within areas of responsibility and proactively accomplish tasks
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- The ability to be a self-starter who assumes hands-on responsibility, balances competing priorities and deadlines, and demonstrates sound judgment and good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, capable of speaking and writing with all levels of formality
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a dynamic organization
- Mailchimp, WordPress, Zoom, and Photoshop skills are a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this position, the employee is regularly required to operate a personal computer for up to 8 hours a day, to talk on the telephone or webcam for multiple hours per day, and to have the ability to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Because this position has in-office responsibilities, the employee will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, although reasonable accommodation requests will be considered.
Pisces Foundation offers an excellent compensation package including platinum-level health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; life insurance; bereavement leave; paid time off; and holidays.
The expected salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000 depending on skills and experience. Our salaries are competitive, reflect our geographic location and field, and are commensurate with experience. Pisces Foundation participates in multiple compensation surveys for grantmaking organizations and conducts an annual review of market-based salary trends.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
How to apply:
Upload your application to our Google form: https://forms.gle/Hd8gQZccG7uLx1QF8. Please submit a single PDF document containing cover letter and resume. Include your last name at the beginning of the file name.
You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will begin reviewing applications on September 13. Applications accepted until position is filled.
We know there are strong candidates who may not have all the qualifications above. If you have skills and experiences that we have not thought of and would be an asset to the role, please apply. The Foundation encourages people of color, those from under-resourced communities, immigrants, LGBTQ+, and others with diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.