At the Pisces Foundation, we believe that if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support innovators to have clean and abundant water, a safe climate and an environmentally literate society.
The Foundation seeks a part-time Office Assistant to work 19 hours per week. This position reports to the Water Program Director and will play an important role in a dynamic, growing philanthropy. The position will be located in the Foundation’s Washington D.C. office near Union Station.
Areas of responsibility:
• Administrative tasks such as scheduling, greeting guests, making travel arrangements, maintaining calendars, preparing letters, memos, and maintaining and organizing paper and electronic filing systems
• Answering phone calls and responding to requests for information
• Office management tasks such as ordering supplies, requesting IT service and support, preparation of expense reports, proofreading, editing, and similar tasks
• Troubleshoot minor computer, printer, smart phone, or other equipment issues; request IT service and support
• Execute research and special projects as requested
Skills and experience:
• Highly developed computer skills including full literacy in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and especially Outlook for scheduling purposes
• Outstanding organizational, administrative and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
• The ability to anticipate needs within areas of responsibility and proactively accomplish tasks
• Strong writing and editing abilities
• The ability to be a self-starter who assumes hands-on responsibility, is able to balance competing priorities and deadlines, and who demonstrates sound judgment and good problem solving skills
• Comfort with and desire to work in a “start-up” environment, and possessing an enthusiastic and collaborative approach
• Minimum two years’ experience working in a professional office environment
• An interest in the Foundation’s mission and grants programs
We offer a competitive compensation commensurate with experience. See http://www.piscesfoundation.org/ for more information on the Foundation.
Rolling Deadline for Applications through: December 15, 2016
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and two recent references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line, “DC OFFICE ASSISTANT.”